Campaign College 2023
Designed to equip women and gender diverse folks of Newfoundland and Labrador with the skills, knowledge and resources needed to run for public office.
40 seats available.
Every Tuesday evening
May 9th to June 27th (8 weeks)
7pm – 9pm NT (6:30 – 8:30pm Labrador)
8 sessions held on Zoom
$99 (tax included)
Bursaries are available.
Women and gender diverse folks* interested in electoral leadership positions** – Municipal, Provincial, Federal, Indigenous, Union.
*% of seats are reserved for participants who identify with equity seeking groups.
**Ages 18+ – Any level of political knowledge / interest / experience.
- This program is multi-partisan and is not limited to one particular level or party of government.
- This program is not just for those looking to run for office! It is also great for those who are interested in being more politically involved, or individuals who want to help somebody else’s campaign.
- Sessions will not be recorded to ensure we have a safe and brave space for everyone to share their thoughts.
- Each participant gets a digital copy of our Campaign College workbook. The workbook modules align with each session, containing information to reflect on and an activity which is to be completed before each session (~15-20 minutes tops per module). This will give everyone the same baseline information to work from whenever we meet.
- Participants are paired with a mentor for 4 hours of mentorship (1 hour a month on average)
Email NL@EqualVoice.ca if you have any follow up questions!